basic asm and memory clobbers

David Wohlferd dw@LimeGreenSocks.com
Mon Nov 9 00:10:00 GMT 2015


It seems like a doc update is what is needed to close PR24414 (Old-style 
asms don't clobber memory).  I'm working on this now (phase 1) in the 
unlikely event that someone is inspired to make a code change here instead.

Like  Richard Henderson, I rather expected basic (or "old-style") asm to 
perform a memory clobber (it doesn't).  This bug is now over a decade 
old, so presumably the question of how this is going to work is 
settled.  IAC, the docs should reflect the current behavior.

Based on this issue plus what I have learned since last updating this 
page, I'm proposing the attached patch.

dw

CCing the commenters from the bug.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: 24414.patch
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 1211 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/attachments/20151109/834fbcbc/attachment.bin>


More information about the Gcc mailing list