Compiler warnings while compiling gcc with clang‏

Aditya K hiraditya@msn.com
Tue May 5 04:42:00 GMT 2015

I was able to successfully bootstrap gcc by using clang as the stage 1 compiler. I configured gcc using the following arguments.

../configure --disable-multilib --enable-bootstrap --enable-languages=c,c++ CC=/work/llvm/install-release/bin/clang CXX=/work/llvm/install-release/bin/clang++

And the bootstrap was successful. One useful thing I got to see was clang warnings. Clang produced several warnings (> 1000 unique ones). I have attached two files with this email.
1. sorted list of warnings (summary only)
2. complete build log.

I want to know that is there any interest in resolving these warnings? I went through the list a little bit and some warnings
appear to be quite useful. e.g.

1. warning: struct 'varpool_node' was previously declared as a class [-Wmismatched-tags]

2. ../../gcc/cgraph.h../../gcc/wide-int.h::18881125::101::  warningwarning: : class 'cgraph_node' was previously declared as a struct [-Wmismatch     ed-tags]'fixed_wide_int_storage' defined as a class template here but previously declared as a struct template [-Wmismatched-tags]

Thanks,
-Aditya