Can shrink-wrapping ever move prologue past an ASM statement?

Jeff Law law@redhat.com
Tue Jul 7 20:25:00 GMT 2015


On 07/07/2015 11:53 AM, Martin Jambor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been asked to look into the item one of
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.kernel/1990397 and found out
> that at least shrink-wrapping happily moves prologue past an asm
> statement which can be bad if the asm statement contains a call
> instruction.
>
> Am I right concluding that this is a bug?  Looking into the manual and
> at requires_stack_frame_p() in shrink-wrap.c, I do not see any obvious
> way of marking the asm statement as requiring the stack frame (but I
> will not mind being proven wrong).  Do we want to create one, such as
> only disallowing moving prologue past volatile asm statements?  Any
> other ideas?
Shouldn't this be driven by dataflow?

jeff



More information about the Gcc mailing list