need help with Pointer Bounds Checking documentation

Sandra Loosemore sandra@codesourcery.com
Fri Feb 20 16:40:00 GMT 2015

On 02/20/2015 01:12 AM, Ilya Enkovich wrote:
>> The section "Pointer Bounds Checker builtins" in extend.texi is on my list
>> for being in need of copy-editing, but reading through the existing text, I
>> am quite confused.  In several places it refers to turning the Pointer
>> Bounds Checker off, but how do you do that?  I don't see any documented
>> command-line option.
>
> Hi,
>
> Pointer Bounds Checker is off by default. Patch adding options
> documentation is a part of reviewed libmpx patch series which is
> waiting for steering committee approval. I didn't want to commit
> documentation separately because it has references to features not yet
> committed to trunk. Meanwhile it is available on Wiki:
> https://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/Intel%20MPX%20support%20in%20the%20GCC%20compiler#Compiler_options

Well, hmmm.  Isn't that true of the already-committed Pointer Bounds
Checking intrinsics documentation, then, too?  That is, the intrinsics
aren't useful to users without the support to enable this feature that
hasn't been committed yet?

-Sandra