NIOS and atomic primitives

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill@oarcorp.com
Sun Apr 19 19:33:00 GMT 2015


On 04/18/2015 09:06 PM, Sandra Loosemore wrote:
> On 04/18/2015 07:35 PM, Joel Sherrill wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> with nios2-rtems on gcc 4.9.2, we are getting undefineds
>> for some atomic primitives. Are these implemented or is
>> some magic bit of configurery missing for nios-rtems?
>>
>> __sync_fetch_and_add_4 is missing on a simple C++ IO streams
>> sanity test.
> libgcc presently only provides these functions on nios2-*-linux* and
> does not have any configury for nios2-*-rtems.  I think you are on your
> own here....  Chung-Lin and I are only set up for GCC testing on
> nios2-elf and nios2-linux-gnu and cannot really support RTEMS.
>
No worries. libgcc and RTEMS have a cursed relationship. :)


> Is it one of the standard g++ or libstdc++ test cases that is failing?
> I could check what nios2-elf does with it if I knew what to look for.
>
I spotted this in one of our own simple C++ sanity checks.
I actually don't have any way to run nios2 and rely on the
RTEMS community for testing. For core gcc issues, your
testing on nios2-elf is more than sufficient to keep code
issues at bay for us. RTEMS targets are just a few tweaks
away from it.

Thanks for the offer but just knowing it is supported and
a libgcc configure  issue is more than enough to fix this
and submit a patch.
> -Sandra
>


-- 
-- Joel Sherrill
Ask me about RTEMS: a free RTOS
Support and Training Available



More information about the Gcc mailing list