How is libtool updated in GCC?

Joseph Myers joseph@codesourcery.com
Tue Nov 11 01:42:00 GMT 2014

On Mon, 10 Nov 2014, FX wrote:

> How is libtool handled in GCC? Do we import from upstream, or merge the
> changes that we need? It looks like it’s done manually and selectively,
> but I’d like confirmation of that.

If you import rather than selectively merging one change you need (I
think) to revert libtool commit 3334f7ed5851ef1e96b052f2984c4acdbf39e20c
(incompatible with GCC handling of sysroots), as well as updating all
three relevant repositories (GCC, binutils-gdb, src - I'm not sure if
anything in binutils-gdb actually uses libtool but it has the files at
toplevel).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com