MSP430 in gcc4.9 ... enable interrupts?

DJ Delorie dj@redhat.com
Mon Feb 17 23:12:00 GMT 2014

> I presume these will be part of the headers for the library
> distributed for msp430 gcc by TI/Redhat?

I can't speak for TI's or Red Hat's plans.  GNU's typical non-custom
embedded runtime is newlib/libgloss, which usually doesn't have that
much in the way of chip-specific headers or library functions.

> is that for the "critical" attribute that exists in the old msp430
> port (which disables interrupts for the duration of the function)?

Yes, for things like that.  They're documented under "Function
Attributes" in the "Extensions to the C Language Family" chapter of
the current GCC manual.