possible deprecation of walk_use_def_chains?

Richard Biener richard.guenther@gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 14:07:00 GMT 2013

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 3:55 PM, Hannes Frederic Sowa
<hannes@stressinduktion.org> wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Because the last user of walk_use_def_chains vanished in revision r171352
> (removal of ipa-struct-reorg) I wondered if this function is pending
> deprecation or removal in upcoming gcc versions?

While such facility sounds useful in some cases the actual implementation
doesn't look too great in its way of handling recursion (you have to
recurse manually).

So, a patch to remove it is pre-approved.

Richard.