fatal error: gnu/stubs-32.h: No such file
Jonathan Wakely
jwakely.gcc@gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 17:44:00 GMT 2013
On 7 July 2013 15:00, Bruce Korb <bruce.korb@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/06/13 11:53, Andreas Schwab wrote:
>>
>> Bruce Korb <bruce.korb@gmail.com> writes:
>>
>>> Why is it that configure worked but stubs-32.h was not found?
>>
>>
>> This is testing the host compiler which doesn't need that file. You
>> need to build the target compiler before you can test it.
>
>
> Sorry, I'm still confused. I had a fresh openSuSE distro and I
> was trying to build GCC from SVN source. If doing that requires
> the installation of 32 bit development package, then I think I
> am trying to say that configure should go look for the needed 32
> bit dev package and complain. I am hoping that the developer
> responsible for the code trying to include the header would
> fiddle the configure script. I confess to trying to avoid that
> kind of fiddling.
There is no code trying to include the header, GCC doesn't include it
directly, it is included by glibc's <features.h> which is included by
other headers GCC uses.
The point is, how do you test for "the needed 32 bit dev package"?
The only way is to try compiling a program as 32-bit, but that can
only be done by the target compiler once it's built, because the host
compiler might not be capable of 32-bit output.
More information about the Gcc
mailing list