Simulator testing for sh and sh64

Thomas Schwinge thomas@codesourcery.com
Fri Feb 24 21:59:00 GMT 2012


Hi!

On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 08:42:53 +0900, Kaz Kojima <kkojima@rr.iij4u.or.jp> wrote:
> Thomas Schwinge <thomas@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> > Kaz, is my understanding correct, that I simply use sh64-elf as target,
> > and again the sh-sim board?  Should I be setting a specific CPU when
> > configuring GCC, or any other customization?
> 
> I used sh64-sim board for sh64-elf.  sh64-sim.exp baseboard can
> be seen in
> 
> http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/dejagnu/2008-02/msg00056.html

I gave both sh-sim and sh64-sim a try, and -- if I'm reading correctly
between all the noise -- there isn't really much difference in the
testresults depending on which of the two is being used.


> > This means, for sh-elf sim testing, we have a bit too many failures in
> > GCC and GDB, and some ld test harness issue.  For sh64-elf we have a GCC
> > trunk ICE, some section overlap issue, and even more GDB issues.
> 
> Yep.  About sh64, I had used sh64-linux as my testing target, but
> unfortunately that real sh64 system stopped working after the earthquake.

Ouch.  :-/


Grüße,
 Thomas
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 489 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://gcc.gnu.org/pipermail/gcc/attachments/20120224/bed3cf07/attachment.sig>


More information about the Gcc mailing list