GCC and x86intrin.h header
Ian Lance Taylor
iant@google.com
Tue Feb 21 14:49:00 GMT 2012
Erotavlas_turbo@libero.it writes:
> I read in the manual of GCC the following line:
> <x86intrin.h> // new intrinsic header file, it should be included before using any IA-32/x86-64 intrinsics.
> What does it mean? I have to explicitly include this library in my code if I want to use the intrinsic functions like ssex or mcrc32 etc.
This question would be more appropriate for the mailing list
gcc-help@gcc.gnu.org than for gcc@. The gcc@ mailing list is for
discussions related to the development of gcc itself. Please take any
followups to gcc-help. Thanks.
To answer your question: the <x86intrin.h> header file provides
definitions for all intrinsic functions which are relevant to the target
processor. The intrinsic functions are the ones with names like
_mm_crc32_u8. You are not required to #include <x86intrin.h>. But it
is a more reliable mechanism than the older one of remembering that
_mm_crc32_u8 is defined in <smmintrin.h>.
Ian
More information about the Gcc
mailing list