weird optimization in sin+cos, x86 backend
Vincent Lefevre
vincent+gcc@vinc17.org
Mon Feb 13 15:25:00 GMT 2012
On 2012-02-09 15:49:37 +0000, Andrew Haley wrote:
> I'd start with INRIA's crlibm.
I point I'd like to correct. GNU MPFR has mainly (> 95%) been
developed by researchers and engineers paid by INRIA. But this
is not the case of CRlibm. I don't know its copyright status
(apparently, mainly ENS Lyon, and the rights have not been
transferred to the FSF).
Also, from what I've heard, CRlibm is more or less regarded as
dead, because there are new tools that do a better job, and new
functions could be generated in a few hours. I suppose a member
(not me since I don't work on these tools) or ex-member of our
team will contact some of you about this.
--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.net> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.net/>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <http://www.vinc17.net/blog/>
Work: CR INRIA - computer arithmetic / AriC project (LIP, ENS-Lyon)
More information about the Gcc
mailing list