C++ conversion? Why still .c (not .cc) files and CC (not CXX) in Makefile.in?
Gabriel Dos Reis
gdr@integrable-solutions.net
Wed Aug 29 00:05:00 GMT 2012
On Tue, Aug 28, 2012 at 8:45 AM, Michael Matz <matz@suse.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 28 Aug 2012, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
>
>> > Or do we have a rule than any file using C++ specific feature should
>> > be renamed from *.c to *.cc at the moment the C++ feature goes inside?
>>
>> We do not have such a rule and I would not recommend it. I think we
>> should rename all the files at once at some point.
>
> That has implications on things like
> svn blame file.cc@somerevision
> in case somerevision was before that rename. So I'm not sure we should
> rename the files. I see disadvantages but no real advantages.
*New* files should probably get the canonical extensions (e.g. .cc),
but I don't see much
being accomplished by mass renaming existing. I would rather see
their *contents*
improved first.
-- Gaby
More information about the Gcc
mailing list