at exit alternative for AIX

Perry Smith pedzsan@gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 17:42:00 GMT 2012

On Aug 7, 2012, at 10:52 AM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 5:43 AM, Perry Smith <pedzsan@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Not sure why this thread died.  I've been looking at the code trying to gain
>> the courage to try and implement the changes I suggested but was
>> also waiting to hear back from others.
>
> Sorry, I'm not sure what you are waiting to hear.  Sounds like you
> have all the information you need, and the next step is to try to
> implement it and see what happens.  I'm not an AIX user myself, but we
> can try to answer specific questions.  If your question is: "does this
> sound like the right approach" my answer is "it seems worth a try."
>
> I guess you did ask whether to open a bug report.  Sure.  You probably
> won't get any better answers there, though.

Thanks.  You just provide what I wanted / needed which is a sanity check.

I'll open a bug report and that might get me some help.

I think I've concocted a plan to get __cxa_atexit to work.  I am going to try that
first.  That may have utility in other ways.

I'm studying the GCC code at night.  What beautiful code.  I can't understand
most of it but it is so well polished.  Very nice code from what I've seen so far.

Is there any documentation about cxa_gaurd and its associated routines?  I
think I gather what all it is doing, etc but a general description would help.

Thank you,
Perry