Impact assessment of dse.c:emit_inc_dec_insn_before (Was: Re: Use of FLAGS_REGNUM clashes with generates insn)

DJ Delorie dj@redhat.com
Wed Oct 26 13:18:00 GMT 2011

> I was talking about what addresses are allowed by the
> TARGET_LEGITIMATE_ADDRESS_P, not what the hardware implements or
> what the register allocator is guided to produce; some optimizers
> can get quite 'creative' in mashing rtl together.

I've never seen it actually do that and get it past the backend, but
if they're doing it now, I suppose that logic is no longer sufficient.