Adding official support into the main tree for SPARC Leon

Konrad Eisele konrad@gaisler.com
Mon Oct 24 11:16:00 GMT 2011

Eric Botcazou wrote:

> So I'd suggest that Luís Vitório and/or Konrad do the required paperwork, and
> then start to post their patches on the gcc-patches@ list.  I'll sponsor them
> for write access at that point.

Hello Eric Botcazou,
I want to once again ask for write credentials so that
I can  submit patches for the sparc-leon architecture:
The first patch is for the 'gcc' repository while the
second patch is for the 'binutils' repository. They are both
related so I think it makes sense to send them together.
I dont have write access to binutils eather so, I thought you
might be able to apply them on both.
Some background: Leon supports the umac/smac instructions.
The Leon3-Ft and Leon4 also support the SMP compare-and-swap (casa)
v9-instruction. The appended 2 patches do:
1. 0001-sparc-leon-Use-Aleon-assembler-switch-for-mcpu-leon-.patch
   Append "-Aleon" to the assembler
2. 0001-sparc-leon-add-leon-architecture-to-GAS.patch
   Define new "leon" processor type in GAS + enable for "leon"
   umac/smac and "casa".
It would help a lot if you could apply this for us once more.
-- Greetings Konrad