To Steering Committee: RFC for patch revert policy (PR48403, bootstrap broken on many targets)

Eric Botcazou ebotcazou@adacore.com
Tue Apr 5 14:16:00 GMT 2011

> I the case of the current x86 breakage, the only problem I've been aware
> of was an internal report from bkoz that bootstrap was breaking on
> x86_64 (with no other details).  Meanwhile my bootstraps were running
> fine.  It wasn't until HJ's autotester reported the key
> "--disable-checking" configury bits that we were able to confirm a
> problem and start the real process of diagnosing what went wrong.

No, this isn't what happened, see the audit trail of PR48403.  This was a big
breakage.  --disable-checking had nothing to do with the problem either.

--
Eric Botcazou