plugin hooks for plugin-provided builtins?

Marcus Daniels mdaniels@lanl.gov
Tue Sep 14 18:47:00 GMT 2010

  On 9/14/10 10:58 AM, Basile Starynkevitch wrote:
>> It seems to me a "source to source" compiler should definitely retain
>> high level constructs like array operators, DO ALL, OpenMP directives, etc
> One can use #pragma-s&  builtin-s&  attributes for these. This is why I was trying to push the idea of plugin hooks for builtins.
In this use case, what is the GCC middle-end *for* if it does not
understand data parallel operations?  Even GENERIC lacks the notion,
right?  (We've been working directly from the Fortran parse tree.)

Marcus