GNAT building fails on MinGW wiith gcc-4.6.020100904 weekly snapshot

koala01 koala01@free.fr
Fri Sep 10 01:33:00 GMT 2010

  Hello,

Please forgive my poor english, but it isn't my mother language.

When trying to build gnat from this snapshot, i had an issue at line 280
from gcc/ada/g-socthi-mingw.adb due to:

g-socthi.adb:280:45 value not in range of type "Interfaces.C.unsigned"
g-socthi.adb:280:45 static expression fails Constraint-check
Is it all an known issue ?

This line is an declaration for Fill as boolean like this
Fill  : constant Boolean :=
      (C.unsigned (Flags) and SOSC.MSG_WAITALL) /= 0;
      --  Is the MSG_WAITALL flag set? If so we need to fully fill all
vectors

and i've temporary changed for
Fill  : constant Boolean := Flags =  C.int (SOSC.MSG_WAITALL);
       --  Is the MSG_WAITALL flag set? If so we need to fully fill all
vectors
Is this change correct? Should i submit a bug-report or a patch ?

Thanks a lot