textual prologue/epilogue
Hans-Peter Nilsson
hp@bitrange.com
Mon Nov 15 22:38:00 GMT 2010
On Mon, 15 Nov 2010, Paolo Bonzini wrote:
> The only targets that are using textual prologues and epilogues are now arc,
> cris, pdp11 and vax. ARC should probably have been deprecated long ago, any
> plans to convert the others or (for cris) to flip the default?
What code are you loking at; where do you see a textual
prologue? No such thing for CRIS since a while; not even
defining the asm-prologue/epilogue hooks. I see two stray
obsolete comments in cris.h though.
There *is* an option to omit the prologue and epologue
controlling the TARGET_PROLOGUE_EPILOGUE; I'm guessing that
could cause confusion. Is that getting in the way of something?
If so, I think the unsuccessful expansion/presence of "prologue"
and "epilogue" should be decoupled from the use of the asm
prologue and epilogue hooks (and just be ignored).
(If you instead meant MMIX, the asm-prologue/epilogue hooks are
used only for marking, similar to other targets.)
brgds, H-P
More information about the Gcc
mailing list