Target macros vs. target hooks - policy/goal is hooks, isn't it?

Paolo Bonzini bonzini@gnu.org
Fri May 28 16:13:00 GMT 2010

On 05/26/2010 07:03 PM, Ulrich Weigand wrote:
> This is the reason why we implemented TARGET_ADDR_SPACE_KEYWORDS as
> macro (note that all the other address-space related back-end
> callbacks were already implemented as hooks to begin with).

One nice cleanup would be to merge the per-address-space hooks with the
generic ones when possible (legitimate_address_p and legitimize_address
in particular).  I started doing the work last year by hookizing the two
relevant target macros, but didn't have time to do the second part.

Paolo