Target macros vs. target hooks - policy/goal is hooks, isn't it?

Mark Mitchell mark@codesourcery.com
Wed May 26 17:44:00 GMT 2010

Ulrich Weigand wrote:

>> So the question is: The goal is to have hooks, not macros, right? If
>> so, can reviewers please take care to reject patches that introduce
>> new macros?
>
> I don't know to which extent this is a formal goal these days, but I
> personally agree that it would be nice to eliminate macros.

Yes, the (informally agreed) policy is to have hooks, not macros.  There
may be situations where that is technically impossible, but I'd expect
those to be very rare.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery