A question about _udivdi3.o in libgcc.a on Loongson platform

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Tue May 25 05:29:00 GMT 2010

Ling Kun <lkun.erlv@gmail.com> writes:

>    when deeply looking into the libgcc.a of
> mips64el-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc-4.4.3, I found a object file
> _udivdi3.o. but when objdump this object file, no entry for function
> _udivdi3 is found, only a __udivti3 function entry, and there are also
> some other *di3.o file which only   *ti3  can find.
>    However, in x86 platform, i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc-4.4.3. I can find
> _udivdi3 in _udivdi3.o .
>   The question is why?

mips64 is a 64-bit target which i686 is a 32-bit target.  In general
the names of the files in libgcc are always based on 32-bit targets,
but the function names are based on twice the size of a register word.

> why mips64el doesn't   need a runtime function entry for _udivdi3  ?

Because mips64 has the ddivu instruction which implements unsigned
DImode division directly.

Ian