libquadmath: configure: error: Link tests are not allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.

Tobias Burnus burnus@net-b.de
Tue Dec 21 21:44:00 GMT 2010

Joel Sherrill wrote:
> I was experimenting with adding microblaze-rtems*
> and got this error:
 >
> checking for sqrtl in -lm... configure: error: Link tests are not
> allowed after GCC_NO_EXECUTABLES.
> make[1]: *** [configure-target-libquadmath] Error 1

I am puzzled: While this issue existed, it should be fixed as
configure.ac now contains:

if test x$gcc_no_link != xyes; then
   AC_CHECK_LIB([m],[sqrtl],[AC_DEFINE([HAVE_SQRTL],[1],
                [libm includes sqrtl])])
   AC_CHECK_LIB([m],[cbrtl],[AC_DEFINE([HAVE_CBRTL],[1],
                [libm includes cbrtl])])
else

This part has been committed Sun Dec 19 19:01:38 2010 +0000. Thus, the
big question is: Why does it not work for you?

If you have an older version: Can you try again? And please report the
result, namely: Does it work now or is there another additional issue?

If you have the current version: Well, then I am completely puzzled -
and you need to do more debugging work.

Tobias

PS: A work around is --disable-libquadmath; however, the idea (PR 46520)
is to have this completely fixed. Thus, I would prefer if you do not use
the work around and rather check whether it is now working.