Help with reloading

Jeff Law law@redhat.com
Mon Dec 20 05:27:00 GMT 2010

On 12/15/10 07:14, Mohamed Shafi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am doing a port in GCC 4.5.1.
> The target supports storing immediate values into memory location
> represented by a symbolic address. So in the move pattern i have given
> constraints to represent this.
Presumably the target does not support storing an immediate value into
other MEMs?  ie, the only store-immediate is to a symbolic memory
operand, right?

I think this is a case where you're going to need a secondary reload to
force the immediate into a register if the destination is a non-symbolic
MEM or a pseudo without a hard reg and its equivalent address is
non-symbolic.

Jeff