Why not contribute? (to GCC)

Michael Veksler mveksler@tx.technion.ac.il
Sat Apr 24 08:53:00 GMT 2010

I have been lurking on this list for many years, probably a decade.
I like the progress of GCC and its technology, esp. algorithms and data
structures,
which are exciting.

Yet, I do not contribute to GCC due to my priorities in life and not due
to any other technicality. There is family, work, graduate studies
(where I develop new constraint solver technologies) and dancing. Too
many things too little time. GCC is currently below the other things in
my list.

I could have tried to change my working place and to become a paid to
develop for GCC, but it seems to be a feat too difficult for my part
time job. I had played with these thoughts several years ago, before
starting my graduate studies, and I don't really remember why I stayed
at my current working place.

Michael