apple blocks extension

Vincent R. forumer@smartmobili.com
Tue Sep 15 14:21:00 GMT 2009


On Tue, 15 Sep 2009 16:03:35 +0200, Tristan Gingold <gingold@adacore.com>
wrote:
> On Sep 15, 2009, at 3:46 PM, Steven Bosscher wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The status is that there is no status, unfortunately (it's an
>> interesting extension...).
>>
>> This extension is not presently implemented in the FSF GCC.
>> AFAIU there is no reason to believe Apple will contribute patches to
>> implement it.
> 
> I think you may (are allowed to) port it from Apple GCC sources.

I don't have time nor skills but I think it's an interesting feature and I
wouldn't like clang
to be the only compiler to have it. Besides if gcc implements it too it
would make a kind of standard...
But maybe true C programmers find that it's nothing more than a syntaxic
sugar but I would answer that C
is just syntaxic sugar for ASM ;-)



More information about the Gcc mailing list