[gcc-in-cxx] Trunk fails to bootstrap with --enable-build-with-cxx

Ralf Wildenhues Ralf.Wildenhues@gmx.de
Thu Sep 10 20:06:00 GMT 2009


* Pedro Lamarão wrote on Thu, Aug 27, 2009 at 12:24:07AM CEST:
> 2009/8/26 Ralf Wildenhues:
> 
> >> >.../../trunk/libcpp/../include/libiberty.h:106: error: new declaration
> >> >‘char* basename(const char*)’
> >> >/usr/include/string.h:601: error: ambiguates old declaration ‘const
> >> >char* basename(const char*)’
> >>
> >> The problem is that AC_CHECK_DECLS gets confused by overloaded
> >> functions, and glibc 2.10 has overloaded declarations of basename
> >> and some other string functions for const-correctness.
> >
> > Could you show the config.log snippet that shows the failed test?
> > Is this a new error due to the autotools upgrade, or new due to
> > glibc 2.10?
> 
> I think this is new in glibc 2.10, for the reasons given by Jason Merrill above.
> I've discussed this problem with Jerry Quinn before, and he had a
> tentative patch that worked for me.
> As I understand things, this patch is on hold waiting for a solution
> to the bootstrap comparison problem being discussed in another thread.
> 
> I am waiting for a solution to these problems to continue work on the
> std::sort gcc-in-cxx subproject; keeping all these patches up to date
> with trunk is too difficult for me right now.
> Currently, I have a patch to an old revision of the trunk.

Well, can you post the patch, or did I somehow miss it on the list?
I'd be particularly interested if it tries to fix the Autoconf test
in some sensible way.

Thanks,
Ralf



More information about the Gcc mailing list