When did arc-elf last build?

Joern Rennecke amylaar@spamcop.net
Mon Oct 19 23:54:00 GMT 2009

Quoting Joel Sherrill <joel.sherrill@oarcorp.com>:
> The code on the trunk is unbuildable and has been
> for a long time. I'm not an arc user but wonder if it is better to have
> functional
> code on the trunk without a maintainer since it is available than
> non-functional
> code on the trunk without a maintainer. :)

It depends on some patches outside the arc directory.  Some submitted as
separate patches, some not, but none of them reviewed.  Some documentation
is incomplete or not written yet (.texi patches tend to cost more effort
merging long-term than to write).

You'd also need another version of binutils for ARCompact support -
this is available as binutils-arc-20081103-branch on sourceware, but not
fully up to GNU coding standards.

> If merged, I will at least volunteer to build it once and run
> the tests if a free simulator is available.

Yes, a Free simulator is available on sourceware with the tag
arc-sim-20090309 .