WTF?

Basile STARYNKEVITCH basile@starynkevitch.net
Wed Nov 25 19:55:00 GMT 2009


Richard Guenther wrote:
> 
> Btw, I'd be happy with a commit hook that forces you to fix
> whitespace in the area you patch (basically just make sure there
> is no trailing whitespace in ^[+ ] lines of a unified diff
> (maybe even only in ^+ lines to not cause continuous rejects
> if you fixup the ^  lines in your patch and drag in more context).


Then, I might suggest using GNU indent as the commit hook.

Of course, not every one has it (notably those working on non-linux systems), but for those who have it, requiring that 
every C file inside GCC has been automatically indented with GNU indent could help. It certainly could have helped me 
for most of the patches I have submitted (but I am too afraid of running indent on a GCC file by myself; it probably 
would change lot of things outside of my patch).

But I confess that I don't know much about svn commit machinery.

Regards.

-- 
Basile STARYNKEVITCH         http://starynkevitch.net/Basile/
email: basile<at>starynkevitch<dot>net mobile: +33 6 8501 2359
8, rue de la Faiencerie, 92340 Bourg La Reine, France
*** opinions {are only mines, sont seulement les miennes} ***



More information about the Gcc mailing list