(C++) mangling vector types

Jason Merrill jason@redhat.com
Thu Nov 12 20:01:00 GMT 2009


On 11/12/2009 01:18 PM, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>>> b) Take over -fabi-version=3 and bump the template arg change to v4.
>
> I'm not sure what "take over" means, but I think this change should be
> in v4.  People might be using v3, and we shouldn't break their world.
> Introducing 2.1, or a separate flag, seems odd to me; there's nothing
> particularly more or less different about this change then other
> mangling changes, as far as I can tell.  It's another case where we've
> discovered an inability to implement the full language with the current
> scheme, and have therefore been forced to make a change.

There is a difference from v3, which is just a correction to match the 
ABI document; it doesn't prevent us from implementing the full language, 
which is why we never bumped the default.  So I would like to be able to 
make the vector change without also making the template arg change.

Jason



More information about the Gcc mailing list