MPC 0.8 prerelease tarball (last release before MPC is mandatory!)

Kaveh R. Ghazi ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu
Sun Nov 8 06:22:00 GMT 2009


> From: "David Edelsohn" <dje.gcc@gmail.com>
>
> MPC-0.8 build fails on AIX due to libtool.  The changes to libtool
> between MPC-0.7 and MPC-0.8 rely on Bash-specific features.  Manually
> editing libtool to use Bash allowed the build to succeed.

Hi David,

Can you please be more specific about this problem?  I've seen several build 
reports on non-gnu systems that don't use bash as the default shell, 
including my own solaris2.9 box.  None of them fail on bash-isms.  So I'm 
curious what the actual failure is on AIX.

The more recent libtool was suggested to avoid some issues on darwin, so I 
prefer not to opt for a downgrade if at all possible.  If there is some 
non-portable shell construct, we should file a bug report with the libtool 
maintainers.  Another option in the mean time is that if ksh or some other 
shell supplied by default works on AIX we could recommend using that via 
CONFIG_SHELL.

What do you suggest as possible ways forward?

        Thanks,
        --Kaveh



More information about the Gcc mailing list