Request for testing/help for the LTO branch

Diego Novillo dnovillo@google.com
Tue Jan 27 21:54:00 GMT 2009

On Tue, Jan 27, 2009 at 16:24, H.J. Lu <hjl.tools@gmail.com> wrote:

> I can try to run tests on Linux/ia32, Linux/ia64 and Linux/x86-64.

Thanks.

> Does it require gold?

No, It does not require gold.  However, if you have gold installed,
you can use -use-linker-plugin to use the linker plugin to communicate
between gold and the compiler.

> It will be nice if gold can be installed along with ld and
> gcc can check/pick the appropriate linker.

Yes, that is something I didn't add to the TODO list, but it is a good
feature to have.  Particularly for the testsuite.  We have had bugs
that only happen when using the linker plugin.

Thanks.  Diego.