GCC 4.2.2 arm-linux-gnueabi: c++ exceptions handling?

Sergei Poselenov sposelenov@emcraft.com
Tue Sep 30 05:31:00 GMT 2008

Hello Martin,

Martin Guy wrote:
> On 9/26/08, Sergei Poselenov <sposelenov@emcraft.com> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>>  I've built the above cross-compiler and ran the GCC testsuite.
>>  Noted a lot of c++ tests failed with the same output:
>>  terminate called after throwing an instance of 'int'
>>  terminate called recursively
>
> Are you configuring cross glibc with --disable-libunwind-exceptions?
> This has been necessary for all ARM EABI cross-compilers I've built so far.

Yes, I've tried this too, without success.

Just of curiosity, I tried the exact prerelease version the
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2007-09/msg00570.html
was using for test - it failed too.

I suppose the problem is in Gcc.
>>  Could someone having the 4.2 release series compiler configured for
>>  ARM EABI target try this simple test:
>
> I just tried it with the native Debian ARM EABI compiler: gcc-4.2.4,
> binutils-2.18.0.20080103, glibc-2.7 and it silently exits(0).

I tried gcc-4.2.4-glibc-2.6 and glibc-2.7, with no avail.
I suppose the Debian version of 4.2.4 has its own set of patches.
Also, the combination of latest tools make it work:
gcc-4.3.2-glibc-2.7-binutils-2.18.

> FWIW, their g++-4.2 is also configured with explicit
> --disable-sjlj-exceptions, although that seems to be the default.

Yes, it is disabled by default.

Thanks a lot!
Sergei