Please, do not use the merged revisions log as the commit message when merging

John Freeman jfreeman@cs.tamu.edu
Fri Sep 5 18:34:00 GMT 2008

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 03:01:03PM -0500, John Freeman wrote:
>
>> Daniel Berlin wrote:
>>

>>> It's listed on the wiki that explains how to maintain branches :)
>>>

>> I had no idea such a wiki even existed.  It would really help future
>> contributors, I'm sure, if, perhaps during copyright assignment, there were
>> some sort of "introduction" process that clearly communicated policies.
>> Thank you for the heads up.
>>

> But, you did do it again, just a little while ago.

No, I didn't.  I have made one commit in the past week, with a one-liner
log message.  This morning I used Mr. Lopez-Ibanez's advice in his
earlier post, number 148771, entitled "broken svn commit logs and how to
fix them" and changed the log message for revision 139145.  I haven't
done a merge since the last time this issue came up.

- John