Instrument-functions: possible also for function exit via exception?
Andrew Thomas Pinski
pinskia@gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 12:23:00 GMT 2008
Sent from my iPhone
On Sep 1, 2008, at 4:22, Tim München <muenchen@physik.uni-
wuppertal.de> wrote:
> On Friday 29 August 2008 23:04:15 you wrote:
>> On Fri, Aug 29, 2008 at 2:36 AM, Tim München
>>
>> <muenchen@physik.uni-wuppertal.de> wrote:
>>> is it somehow possible to also be notified if a function/method is
>>> left
>>> with a 'throw'? Or, would it be possible to patch gcc like that? I
>>> had a
>>> quick look into function.c but it seems not to be as straight-
>>> forward as
>>> the entry/exit instrumentation (What is probably the reason it isn't
>>> implemented yet). Or is it even impossible for some reason?
>>
>> In 4.0 and above -finstruction-functions actually emits the exit
>> function call for exceptions too, it is wrapped in a "finally"
>> clause.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Andrew Pinski
>
> Hi,
>
> sorry, I accidentially didn't reply to the list the last time; so
> once again:
>
> is it possible to backport this new behaviour to gcc 3.4.x ? (I am
> currently
> using gcc 3.4.6). I'd have a look in the differences between gcc 3.4
> and 4.x,
> but maybe you know already that this is difficult/improbable/already
> done...
This code was rewritten for tree-ssa; so it is not possible to merge
it back without the whole tree-ssa code merged back. If I was you, I
would move forward as 3.4 is no longer maintained. Likewise for 4.0
and 4.1.
>
>
> Thanks,
> Tim
>
>
More information about the Gcc
mailing list