Official GCC git repository

Daniel Berlin dberlin@dberlin.org
Thu Mar 27 03:11:00 GMT 2008

>  Lots of projects use the Name <email> format, gcc adds that to the
>  Changelog and the author is the login name, I was proposing to add
>  the Name <email> format to the git repo to make things like gitk
>  nicer to use.

There is no singular mapping from login name to author, since we have
all used different email addresses in the changelog at different
times.
Login name has always been correct, and it would be wrong for us to
change history to try to represent our login name as if it has always
had our latest email address.

I would highly suggest you just use login name as the author.