gcc-in-cxx branch created

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Sat Jun 21 20:41:00 GMT 2008

Ivan Levashew <I.Levashew@bluebottle.com> writes:

> Ian Lance Taylor пишет:
>>
>> The other major TODO is to work out the details of using STL
>> containers with GC allocated objects.  This means teaching gengtype
>> how to generate code to traverse STL containers, which would then be
>> used during GC.  This is not a task for the faint-hearted.
>>
> That's one of the many reasons against C++. Even damn Cyclone will
> beat C++ here.

Your comment makes little sense in context.  Nobody could claim that
the existing gengtype code is simple.  Not many people understand how
it works at all.  In order to support STL containers holding GC
objects, it will need to be modified.  The fact that modifying it is
nontrivial is not an argument either for or against C++.

I don't know what you mean by your reference to the Cyclone variant of
C, unless you are trying to say something about gcc's use of garbage
collection.

Ian