minimum version of MPFR (was: symbol lookup error: cc1: undefined symbol: mpfr_remquo)
Kaveh R. GHAZI
ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu
Sun Jan 20 22:42:00 GMT 2008
On Sun, 20 Jan 2008, [ISO-8859-1] Manuel López-Ibáñez wrote:
> On 20/01/2008, Tim Prince <n8tm> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, similar problems came up during bootstrap, when I attempted to
> > build the current gcc-4.3 snapshot on SuSE 10.3 x86-64, having installed
> > mpfr-2.3.1. mpfr 2.3.1 produces clean results in its own testsuite. I
> > was able to build gcc after reverting to the SuSE version of mpfr, which
> > no doubt would produce its own testsuite errors.
I just checked the mpfr.org website, and I'm pretty sure 2.3.1 has NOT
been released yet. It's in beta, and I've tested RC1 which worked fine
for me.
> The minimum version is supposed to be 2.3.0 [*]. Or is that page outdated?
> [*] http://gcc.gnu.org/install/prerequisites.html
That page is up to date WRT mpfr.
--Kaveh
--
Kaveh R. Ghazi ghazi@caip.rutgers.edu
More information about the Gcc
mailing list