New GCC ICI v0.9.5 (bug fixes + new examples)

Taras Glek taras.judge@shaw.ca
Sat Feb 23 01:15:00 GMT 2008


Hi Grigori,
I work for Mozilla and recently we developed a few plugins for gcc and 
improvised a plugin interface to gcc to support it.
So far we have been utilizing the C++ FE, but now I'm moving into 
yanking data out of the middleend. I think we should collaborate on the 
plugin interface and combine our efforts to push this upstream(or at 
least into Linux distributions)

The homepage for my plugin work is:
http://wiki.mozilla.org/Dehydra_GCC

See my blog for more details http://blog.mozilla.com/tglek

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Taras

Grigori Fursin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just a small note, that we released a new GCC-ICI (Interactive
> Compilation Interface) version 0.9.5. It allows function-level
> optimization and specialization by selecting or reordering
> only appropriate passes. It uses external plugins to monitor
> and improve default compiler optimization heuristic. 
>
> The new ICI is used in the MILEPOST project to automatically
> learn how to optimize programs using machine learning. It is
> merged with the Program Feature Extractor from IBM Haifa
> and will soon be available under the GCC MILEPOST branch.
>
> More information can be found here:
> http://gcc-ici.sourceforge.net
> http://www.milepost.eu
>
> Yours,
> Grigori Fursin
>
> =================================
> Grigori Fursin, PhD
> Research Scientist, INRIA, France
> http://fursin.net/research
>
>
>   



More information about the Gcc mailing list