Gomp cell,...

Andrew Pinski pinskia@gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 15:55:00 GMT 2008



Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 16, 2008, at 6:52, Ogier Maitre <ogiermaitre@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm student in master, and I'm at this time in a internship named  
> "Parallelization on Cell processor".
> We are interested in porting libgomp an cell processor.
> Like you maybe know, cell proc uses two different compiler, spu-gcc  
> and ppu-gcc.
> Both are 4.1.1 version of gcc, which doesn't support OpenMP of course.
>
> Current gcc version can be compiled on Cell (like cell is a kind of  
> ppc). But It cannot replace the spu version of gcc.

Huh???  Spu support is in gcc 4.3.0.


>
>
> I'm thinking about extract some part of the GIMPLE tree from a gcc  
> for ppc and give this part of tree as an entry for the spu-gcc.
>
> Then my question is: Does the tree contain all informations for  
> compiling?
>
> Ogier Maitre



More information about the Gcc mailing list