RFC Test suite fix testing of no_trampolines

Andy H hutchinsonandy@aim.com
Mon Apr 7 22:59:00 GMT 2008


Thank  you so much.

I can test it easily and will let you know of any divergence from 
original other than the those you mention.

Andy


Janis Johnson wrote:
> On Sat, 2008-04-05 at 06:57 -0400, Andy H wrote:
>   
>> There are several test in testsuite that use trampolines that are still 
>> run with dejagnu switch set to  no_trampolines.
>>
>> Its on my TODO list for AVR target but a recent email reminded me that 
>> it  affects testing of other targets than can't or won't support 
>> trampolines.
>>
>> Theres an  old patch by Björn Haase that was approved but not committed 
>> in 2005 that addressed many of these
>>
>> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-patches/2005-05/msg01919.html
>>
>> Essentially excluding them with  dg-require-effective-target
>>
>> I am going to create an updated version of this. I realize that some of 
>> the target-supports changes are no longer needed.
>>
>> Any comments?
>>     
>
> Except for check_effective_target_int_larger_than_16_bits, that
> patch still looks OK to me.  In the meantime there are new
> effective-target checks for int16 and int32plus that could
> be used instead.
>
> I wouldn't want to check in a three-year-old patch without
> testing it, so if you can update it and test on avr, that would
> be great.  If it works, it's preapproved.  Post it to gcc-patches
> and let me know if you need me to check it in.
>
> Janis
>   



More information about the Gcc mailing list