setting a breakpoint on a break statement

Tristan Gingold gingold@adacore.com
Thu Mar 15 14:27:00 GMT 2007

On Mar 14, 2007, at 3:16 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:

> Tristan Gingold <gingold@adacore.com> writes:
>
>> in some cases, a breakpoint can't be set on a continue or break
>> statement.  Here is a simple example:
>
>> The reason is quiet simple: even at -O0 -g, there is no insn (and no
>> BB) corresponding to the break/continue statement.
>> Here is a small patch which fixes the issue.
>> I wonder if this is the right approach.  This patch makes the code
>> generated at -O0 uglier...
>
> Thanks for sending the patch.  Procedural note: patches should be sent
> to gcc-patches@gcc.gnu.org, and should have a ChangeLog entry.
Thank you for the procedure. I will follow it when I submit the patch
formally

> I don't think it is appropriate to change the meaning of
> forwarder_block_p.  And I'm not sure why you need that patch anyhow,
> considering the existing code in cleanup_tree_cfg_1.
Without that change, the rtl jump pass cleans the jump and all the
previous work is useless.

> Also you should ideally add a test case.
The effects are only visible for the debugger.  How to write a
compiler test case for this case ?

Thanks,
Tristan.