Referenced Vars in IPA pass

Paulo J. Matos pocm@soton.ac.uk
Tue Mar 13 18:21:00 GMT 2007

On 3/13/07, Richard Guenther <richard.guenther@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/13/07, Daniel Berlin <dberlin@dberlin.org> wrote:
> > > >

> > > What do you mean by that?
> >
> > I'm pretty sure there were a number of cgraph and other related
> > changes necessary to make IPA work completely that were first in 4.2.
> >
> > I may be misremembering though, Jan?
>
> No, you are right.  Paulo, you should be working off the trunk really.
>
> Richard.

Argh, those are really bad news... :( My initial choice for stable 4.1
was that I didn't know _anything_ about gcc internals and since my
work is involved with my PhD research I didn't want to mess with gcc
internal problems (which may come up in trunk code) since problems
with my phd are enough. Now I'm really not knowing what to do. Should
I really work on trunk or 4.2 is better to stay off nasty problems?

Cheers,
Paulo Jorge Matos - pocm at soton.ac.uk
http://www.personal.soton.ac.uk/pocm
PhD Student @ ECS