We're out of tree codes; now what?

Mike Stump mrs@apple.com
Mon Mar 12 21:12:00 GMT 2007

On Mar 12, 2007, at 1:47 PM, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> Can I recommend something just crazy, rewrite the C++ front-end so
> they don't use the tree structure at all except when lowering until
> gimple like the rest of the GCC front-ends?

:-)  I don't have any objections, as long as people can keep the
compilation speed up, though, sounds like a bit of work.  I'd look
towards a project architect to help steer us towards goodness and
keep us out of trouble.  I can see some advantage to having a cleaner
boundary between the front-ends and the mid-end.