Redefinition of symbol ???
Bruce Korb
Bruce.Korb@gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 19:34:00 GMT 2007
Never mind. Thank you anyway. This is not a GCC message as I had thought.
Under the covers somewhere, a lint program got fired up. The lint
program is not good enough. Thanks anyway.
- Bruce
Bruce Korb wrote:
> I must be missing something. I'm trying to forward declare some
> static data arrays, but I'm getting this:
>
>> static type_info_t const type_info_table[257] = {
>> evlib-tables.c 169 Error 31: Redefinition of symbol 'type_info_table' compare
>> with line 21, file evlib-tables.h
>
> the "evlib-tables.c" (as you see) contains the initializer and
> the .h file does not:
>
>> static type_info_t const type_info_table[257];
>
> So, I've compared 'em and do not understand the difference.
> I did not find anything obvious in bugzilla (fixed or otherwise).
>
>> $ /usr/bin/gcc --version | head -1
>> gcc (GCC) 3.3.5 (Debian 1:3.3.5-13)
>
> So, is it me or the compiler? :) Thank you.
>
More information about the Gcc
mailing list