[OT] Re: Git repository with full GCC history

Bernardo Innocenti bernie@codewiz.org
Fri Jun 1 15:58:00 GMT 2007


Gabriel Paubert wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 11:00:29AM -0400, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
>> Gabriel Paubert wrote:
>>
>>> I just upgraded my git to 1.5.2 and repacked the git repository
>>> with git-gc --aggressive. It is quite impressive: the size of 
>>> the pack file was almost cut in half, from ~23MB to ~12MB!
>> The --aggressive option is undocumented in 1.5.2.  What
>> is it supposed to do?
> 
> It is documented in my freshly compiled and installed git:

In the source, I see it just passes "-f" to git-repack, which
I already did manually, with no improvement.

So there must be something strange in your repository if
it packs that much better than mine.  Could you please
publish it somewhere so I can make some tests?

-- 
   // Bernardo Innocenti
 \X/  http://www.codewiz.org/



More information about the Gcc mailing list