Creating gcc-newbies mailing list

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Thu Jul 26 22:54:00 GMT 2007

Joe Buck <Joe.Buck@synopsys.COM> writes:

> I think that when we do steer someone to a different list, we could
> take more care to be polite about it than we sometimes are.

I agree.  I also think we should all try harder to avoid flippant or
non-responsive replies to new developers.  I think it's important for
the long-term growth of gcc for us to encourage new developers.

The gcc-newbies proposal was Diego's idea, but it was, of course,
based on the kernelnewbies list (see http://kernelnewbies.org/).  Is
anybody here able to comment on whether kernelnewbies seems to be
useful or not?  Certainly the kernel community is much larger than the
gcc community.

Ian