Difficulties compiling under Irix...

Janne Blomqvist blomqvist.janne@gmail.com
Fri Jul 20 07:53:00 GMT 2007

On 7/20/07, Philippe Schaffnit <P.Schaffnit@access.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:
> I guess this is more likely to be a general 'Gcc' thing rather than
> GFortran, but I guess you can put me on the right track...

I think so too (crossposting to the gcc list).

> Lately my builds under Irix have been failing with:
>
> rm -f stage_current
> make[3]: Leaving directory `/USER/philippe/Irix/Compilation/Gcc'
> Comparing stages 2 and 3
> warning: ./cc1-checksum.o differs
> Bootstrap comparison failure!
> ./fortran/trans-array.o differs
> ./build/genattrtab.o differs
> ./omega.o differs
> ./tree-cfg.o differs
> make[2]: *** [compare] Error 1
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/USER/philippe/Irix/Compilation/Gcc'
> make[1]: *** [stage3-bubble] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/USER/philippe/Irix/Compilation/Gcc'
> make: *** [bootstrap] Error 2
>
> Do anyone recognise that as something specific? Should I file a bug?

I didn't find anything like that in bugzilla, so I think a bug report
is in order (I assume you have tested with a clean checkout etc. to
make sure it's not due to some old junk lying around).

> Or
> start looking to pinpoint the culprit commit?

Given that so few (any?) developers use irix, I think finding the
offending commit is your only hope if you want this fixed in a timely
manner.

--
Janne Blomqvist