g++ 4.3, troubles with C++ indexing idioms

tbp tbptbp@gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 19:38:00 GMT 2007

On 7/19/07, Dave Korn <dave.korn@artimi.com> wrote:
>   Bogus codegen is the inevitable result of bogus code.  Garbage in, garbage
> out.
>
>   BTW, the const indexing is completely undefined too.
That's the kind of answer i'd get from gcc-help and at that point i'd
be none wiser because i already know that. I also know that up to
gcc-4.3-20070608 it was provably giving correct results faster than
any other variants. Being no language lawyer, that's the only metric i
consider.
It's no portability issue either because every compiler asks for a
specific work around; which is quite sad considering how mundane that
code is.